Lightened Up Tune Casserole
This recipe brings me back to my childhood! My dad used to make Tuna Helper/ Tuna Casserole all the time.
Last week’s meal prep was bringing me back!
6oz of whole wheat pasta
4 Tbsp of light butter
5 stalks of chopped celery
1 medium onion chopped
12 oz. Tuna
1/4 c. All purpose flour
2 c. Skim milk
1 Tbsp of Dijon mustard
1 c. Frozen peas, thawed
1/2 c. Panko bread crumbs
1/4 c. Grated Parmesan cheese
1 Tsp paprika
2 Tsp Italian seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook noodles as directed. Set aside.
3. Add 3 Tbsp of butter, onion, and celery until onions are translucent.
4. Stir in flour, and salt and pepper to taste.
5. Slowly add in skim milk. Stir in thickened (3-5 minutes).
6. Add Dijon mustard, drained tuna, pasta, peas, and mix.
7. Pour mixture into a 9x13 baking dish.
8. Combine panko, Parmesan, paprika, 1 Tbsp of melted butter, and Italian seasoning.
9. Pour topping mixture over casserole. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes.
I portioned this recipe into 8 servings.
Macros per serving:
Protein: 20.9 grams
Carbs: 30. 4 grams
Fats: 8.7 grams
Another amazingly delicious recipe from www.pounddropper.com !