top of page
  • Writer's pictureSarah Anderson

Tip Tuesday: Stay Hydrated!

It's Tuesday, so you know what that means, Tip Tuesday! You can check out my other tips here.

Stay Hydrated

The human body is made up of approximately 60% water. It is vital to get enough water daily. Water can be lost through sweating, urination/excretion, perspiration, and respiration, Water can be gained through food, beverages, and the metabolic process.

The general recommended fluid intake for men is between 125-130 oz/day and between 91-95 oz/day for women. Fluids from ALL food and beverage sources count towards these amounts! Usually about 20% of your intake will come from foods (especially fruits and vegetables). The other 80% comes from beverages.

How I reach my water intake goal:

To reach my water intake goal each day I aim to drink a half gallon (about 60oz) of water each day. That is about 65% of the suggested amount. I also drink coffee each morning which is about another 14oz. Those together get me to about 80% of my water intake. The remainder comes from the food I eat.

Tips for Staying Hydrated:

If you struggle with getting water intake, here are some tips:

  • Add some flavor!

  • Make an hourly goal (by 9 am I will have __ oz drank)

  • When you are thirsty, take 10 chugs of water

  • Drink from a straw (I find I drink more when I drink from a straw)

Do you meet your water intake goal daily?

  • Yes

  • No

Staying hydrated also helps with energy levels, skin health, regulating body temperature, flushing body waste, and maintain blood pressure, just to name a few!

Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss future tips!


1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page